Monday, August 30, 2010

Old Timey Cowboy Coffee

          Hello there everybody!  I hope everyones day is starting out nicely . I have my coffee brewed and was setting here thinking about the great invention of the primitive coffee maker - aka cowboy coffee. Don't get me wrong .  I'm not knocking the electric perculator.  Its a grand invention; but let me tell you about some of the reasons why it pays to have a primitve coffee maker as well.
       If the electric goes out do to a snow storm,power outage, or whatever the cause then you will find out that having one of these pays off . You can use them by simply setting them on a wood stove,coleman propane stove, or on an outdoor grill or camp fire.
     They are very light weight and easily packed when not in use making these excellent for a hunting trip and can be cleaned with a little soap and water.   They do not  use a paper  filter making your favorite coffee brand a little stronger.  All you need to use one of these is a heat source.   Like I said ,even a campfire will do coffee and water.
       I tend to watch mine and when it starts to perc (you can tell this by the clear see through peice on the lid)  it will begin to bubble.   Watch the bubble.  The darker it is the stronger the coffee.   I let it go about 10 more minutes and it produces a  morning pick me up like no other.   It really brings out all the coffee flavor....
      These can be purchased at various websites.
      I hope you have a truly blessed and  safe day!!!   Soupbean :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment